Saturday, January 19, 2008

i am trying something new here. i am reading merriam webster's vocabulary builder, and i am finding it difficult to remember some of the words that are being "built" into my vocabulary. so - on this blog - we will learn some words together. good idea? i think its brilliant. i shall define it, then put it in my own sentence. and that will be hilarious.

word #1
bellicose. warlike, aggressive, quarrelsome. as james stood over his vomit, he became a bit bellicose in his decision to punch judy in the face.

word #2
paramour. a lover, often secret, not allowed by law of custom. my first marriage ended when my wife found out i had been supporting a paramour and several children in hawaii.

word #3
gravid. pregnant or enlarged with something. after jill flung the poo nearly 50 meters, karen felt gravid with pride over her daughters accomplishment.

okay so that is how it works. as my vocabulary grows so will yours. have a nice weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment